About This Project
This interactive exhibit space is a simulated airplane ride aboard an early 20th Century Lockheed Vega. It represents the Braniff Airlines section of this exhibit at the Oklahoma History Center.
Visitors come aboard for a sensory experience flying from Oklahoma City to Tulsa in the 1930s. The window views change to show take off, flybys of OKC and Tulsa and landing. A "live" pilot narrates the journey on a video screen at the front of the airframe.
- Six screens in sync
- Motion detector triggered
- Visitors feel synchronized vibrations through the seats and floor
- Mirrored presentations for each side of the airplane fuselage
- Animations for the window scenes
- Video production for the pilot